Make four modern quilted placemats while learning the versatile art of ruler quilting. This online class offered by Silly Moon Quilting Co. covers all the basics of ruler quilting in 4.5 hours of instruction split over two days. You will learn:
- how to understand the markings on the ruler
- what to look for when purchasing rulers
- how rulers make quilting easier
- tips and tricks through a lot of practice!
1) May 30 & June 6, 2020 - sold out!
2) June 13 & June 20, 2020 - sold out!
3) June 22 & June 29, 2020
4) June 25 & July 2, 2020
5) June 27 & July 4, 2020 - sold out!
You will receive an email from Silly Moon with instructions on how to join the remote class.
Supply Kit includes:
- "Charming" machine quilting ruler
- "Edgie 6" machine quilting ruler
- 1 metre (44" wide) quilting cotton in three coordinating colours
- Hobbs premium Heirloom Batting 80/20 for 4 placemats
Sewing Level: Beyond Beginner. Some basic sewing machine experience required.
You will need:
- the supply kit
- contrasting cotton thread
- 1 metre of backing fabric
- 4+ quilt sandwiches (15"x15") to practice on - solid colour fabric is best
- a working sewing machine with ruler foot* & quilting supplies (gloves with grips, marking pen, scissors, ruler, bobbins, needles, pins etc.)
- a computer, tablet, or phone with internet access to join the class on Zoom