Make four modern quilted placemats while learning the versatile art of ruler quilting. This is Silly Moon Quilting Co. beginner ruler class that covers all the basics of ruler quilting in 4 hours of instruction. You will learn:
- how to understand the markings on the ruler
- what to look for when purchasing rulers
- how rulers make quilting easier
- tips and tricks through a lot of practice!
1) Wed, August 19 @ 9:00a-1:00p - sold out
2) Sat, August 22 @ 9:00a-1:00p - sold out
3) Sat, Sept 12 @ 9:00a-1:00p - sold out
Registration will close 1 week prior to class date to allow time to fulfill class supplies.
Supply Kit includes:
- "Charming" machine quilting ruler
- "Edgie 6" machine quilting ruler
- 1 metre (44" wide) quilting cotton in three coordinating colours
- Hobbs premium Heirloom Batting 80/20 for 4 placemats
Sewing Level: Beyond Beginner. Some basic sewing machine experience required.
You will need:
- the supply kit
- contrasting cotton thread
- 1 metre of backing fabric
- 4+ quilt sandwiches (15"x15") to practice on - solid colour fabric is best
- a working sewing machine with ruler foot* & quilting supplies (gloves with grips, marking pen, scissors, ruler, bobbins, needles, pins etc.)
- a computer, tablet, or phone with internet access to join the class on Zoom