- how to work with and adapt your chosen pattern
- how to work with your chosen fabrics for the best results
- demonstrations on outerwear techniques like making a welt pocket, adding a lining, seam techniques for various fabrics, etc.
- personalized tips for your chosen pattern and style
Choose from a selection of gorgeous coat patterns that teach a variety of skills. The class will include demonstrations on techniques from a variety of patterns so you benefit from this wide range of skills learning.
- Grainline Yates Coat (sizes 0-18)
- Grainline Cascade Duffle Coat (sizes 0-18)
- Grainline Thayer Jacket (sizes 14-30)
- Thread Theory Goldstream Peacoat (Mens sizes XS-XXL)
In addition, the teacher will be available for consultation for 2 weeks following the class as you complete your finishing touches at home.
Instructor: Jill Schuler has been teaching and sewing for over 20 years. She has a degree in costume and fashion design from Edinburgh University. She loves to sew her own clothes when she has time, but mostly they are for other people. Her favourite way to relax is with tea, cake, and a cosy fireplace.
Sewing Level: Advanced/Masterclass. Some experience with sewing garments is required. Please ask if you have questions about the skill level for this class.
Supplies extra. Students receive 10% discount on materials purchased at the studio.