Great for a first time dressmaking project. Choose your own dress pattern from our options that all feature simple design and a good fit. Each dress pattern has options for length or sleeves making them great layering pieces. Learn:
- cutting a commercial pattern
- how to alter the length & fit
- sewing in-seam pockets
- making a professional finish
Printed pattern included. Supplies extra. Students receive 10% off for supplies in our shop.
Please let us know which dress you want to sew:
- Farrow Dress - an elegant A-line shape with flattering diagonal seaming concealing inseam pockets, a jewel neckline, and optional sleeves. US sizes 0-18.
- Jalie Michelle Tank / Dress - a tank-style dress with fuller skirt, length options, great for layering as a pinafore. Sizes from 2 years old to adult XXL.
- Wiksten Shift Dress - an elegant and comfortable shift dress in 3 length options; on trend with waist tie and patch pockets. US sizes 0-22.
This course runs for 3 Thursday evenings from Jan 30 to Feb 13.
Sewing Level: Intermediate - suitable for those with some sewing experience who want to try dressmaking. Adults and older youth welcome.
Want to sew a jersey dress instead? Register for our Intro to Stretch: Tank or Dress Class.