In this relaxed hand stitching class you will learn how to create your own modern "hexies" using templates and a hand needle. Get to know the technique behind English Paper Piecing.
DATE & TIME: Sunday, May 3, 1:00-4:00pm
EPP is a great stitching technique to learn as it is compact, portable and easily repeatable for different projects. Fussy cutting fabrics will be introduced and students will create their own piece as stand alone art or to use in future projects such as visible mending, decorations on a fabric basket, quilted pillow or larger quilt projects.
- The class will be conducted on Google Hangouts video chat. You will be able to see and hear the teacher, ask questions, and get feedback.
- The class size will be limited as usual to allow for the best student experience.
- Class includes a printable handout and 3 hours of live video instruction.
- Supplies kits can be added to your registration for $13.
Sewing Level: Beginner
You will need:
- the supplies kit or the items listed in it
- a hand sewing needle and scissors
- a ruler and erasable marker or pencil
- a computer, tablet, or phone with internet access to join the class on Google Hangouts
Supplies Kits are available to include in your registration. Kits can be picked up via our curbside pick-up or delivered to you. Please allow time for picking up or delivering your kit before the class date. Kit includes:
- 2 contrasting co-ordinating cotton fabrics
- 10 wonder clips
- co-ordinating cotton thread
- 10 reusable hexagon templates
This class is taught by Kitka Neyedli on Sunday, May 3, 1:00-4:00pm.