The Deep Dive Mystery Quilt Block-of-the-Month Sew Along will keep you inspired all year! Sew along with us as each new block is revealed monthly to complete this lap-quilt designed by Art East Quilting Co.
This year the quilt featured is a fun, bright and cheerful, under the sea themed 43" x 57" lap-quilt. It consists of nine blocks that range in skill, but is still accessible to an eager beginner. The blocks range in size from approximately 7" x 12" to 15" x 28".
Beginning on September 1st, 2020, the pattern/instructions for a new block will be released on the 1st of every month. The patterns include comprehensive cutting guides, tips & tricks and step-by-step instructions on how to assemble your block.
In addition to the patterns, you will also have access to fabric selection guides, best practice guides and more helpful resources.
How It Works
You are able to access the patterns/instructions one of two ways:
- Digitally through a member-only SEW-ALONG section on arteastquiltingco.com that will go live July 1st. **
- Printed patterns by mail - you may choose to have the block patterns mailed to you every month.
A limited number of kits are also available for purchase. Delivery is free. They will be mailed to you directly from Art East Quilting Co. The kit includes:
- all of the fabric you will need to complete the whole quilt top (4.75 m). The fabric is all high quality Kona cottons in 17 different colours. The fabric comes pre-packaged by block.
- 9 sheets of adhesive labels to help you stay organized while you cut your pieces every month. That's a sheet for every month!
- swatch card sheet to help you identify and select your fabrics as you build your blocks.
- a custom DEEP DIVE SEW-ALONG folder to help you keep your project organized.
- a coupon for 50% off any ART EAST QUILTING CO. pattern
The kits will be shipped out in mid-August.
**Please note that if you choose to access the Sew-Along by website i.e Digital Patterns only, you will not receive anything by mail unless you order a kit.
Every month a prize will be drawn from those who share their completed block either by email, Instagram of Facebook using the hashtag #DeepDiveQuilt.