Have you ever thought Bargello quilts were stunning but way too complicated? Then this is the class for you! We will demystify the Bargello technique by making a small, ten color, Bargello quilt from start to finish, no tiny piecing involved! You will learn:
- how to create Bargello segment from strips of fabric
- how to piece the quilt top from these segments
Taking the Fabric Selection for Quilting workshop is recommended to assist with fabric selection for your Bargello quilt. The Bargello Class only is $119. The full course including the Fabric Selection workshop is $149. The Fabric Selection workshop is available as a stand-alone for $49.
- Fabric Selection workshop - Wed Oct 2, 6:15-9:15pm
- Class date option 1 - Wed Oct 9 & 16, 6:15-9:15pm
- Class date option 2 - Sat Oct 5, 10am-4pm
Sewing Level: Confident Beginner or Intermediate - requires confidence in sewing accurate 1/4" seams. If you are a beginner take our Placemat Class first to build your skills.
Taught by local quilter and educator Morgan Yates.
Includes instruction book with 9 other Bargello quilt projects. Other supplies extra: Kits available at $51.99 (please pre-order kit by choosing from the photos, 1=gold/white, 2=red/white.)
Fabric Selection for Quilting workshop:
Choosing fabrics for a quilt can be daunting! In this class we will discuss:
- deciphering quilt patterns to determine what type of fabrics you need
- tips and tricks for picking fabrics
- how different fabric choices can drastically alter your finished product
- quilt patterns that showcase fabrics versus overall design
There will also be time provided to pick fabrics, and ask questions, regarding any upcoming quilt projects you have. This class is intended to assist with fabric selection for the Bargello Quilt class though anyone may take the class! No supplies needed.