Policies for using the studio for drop-in sewing
- All the tools you need are available for use at the studio. You will have exclusive use of one workstation with its own set of tools. Specialty tools or sewing machine feet can be requested from the staff. Please leave used tools on the work surface so they can be sanitized when you leave.
- In The Stitchery fabric shop we have a wide selection of fabrics and notions if you need anything. Our knowledgeable staff can give advice on the best choices for your project.
- We ask that you wash or sanitize your hands when you arrive, and before and after use of the irons or shared cutting tables.
- Tea and water can be provided. Please bring your own mug.
- Your registration covers 2 hours of studio time. If you would like to stay another hour you can pay $10 (+GST) to continue to use the space.
- In the studio you are expected to follow instructions and safety guidelines for your own safety and to avoid damage to machines and tools.
- Covered parking is available off Spring Street if the street parking is full. Parking passes available.
IMPORTANT: Please review our health and safety questions before coming to the studio:
- Have you travelled outside of Canada in the last 14 days?
- Do you have:
- A fever?
- A new cough?
- Difficulty breathing?
- A sore throat?
- Have you been in close contact with anyone with these symptoms?